Home and Garden Gifts Security Policy
Home and Garden Gifts take customer security very seriously. Please read some short details below about each of the precautions we have taken to make our website as secure as possible. Any details you enter into a secure section of this website are fully secure and can only be accessed via password-protected administration areas.
True BusinessID® with EV Certificates.
GeoTrust has over 100,000 customers in 150 countries, it is the worlds second largest Internet security provider after VeriSign.
GeoTrust® True BusinessID with EV (Extended Validation) is our premium business-class SSL security product, visually confirming the highest level of authentication available among SSL certificates.
- Security: business identity authentication, strong 256-bit encryption, 2048-bit root
- Assurance: $500K USD warranty, GeoTrust dynamic True Site Seal trustmark
- Universality: support for more than 99% of browsers and most mobile device browsers
CardAware - Early Warning
This new check has helped to alert a number of UK residents that their credit card has been stolen or is being misused. In many cases, the customers we have been able to contact were not even aware their details had been compromised. Luckily, we were able to prevent further fraudulent use of their cards. This has helped save thousands of pounds being spent by criminals. If we have any reason to believe an order is fraudulent, we make several additional checks - including use of the CardAware™ database. If after checking this database (or after any other checks we carry out) we find an order to be suspicious, we will reject the order and refund any money paid to the original card. Where possible, we contact the legitimate card holder so they can cancel their card and also check for other transactions that may have taken place without their knowledge. We also contact the Police and provide them with all the information we have from our order system and back office system that is able to track and record failed transactions.
What is CardAware™?
CardAware™ is an online database where companies both large and small exchange information about fraudulent transactions they have encountered whilst trading on the world wide web.
How does CardAware™ work
CardAware™ is similar to the 'ring round' scheme that shops have for shoplifters. After approval, a company is allowed access the CardAware™ database which is held online. This allows a company such as Home and Garden Gifts to search the database by email address, delivery post code, credit card numbers and name. It also allows each member company to post details of attempted fraudulent transactions. Transaction details can be entered when a chargeback has occured so as to prevent this happening again. Very often we have found fraudulent transactions to be carried out by a small group of individuals, who will target our site for a few transactions (or until they realise orders are not being sent out!) and then move on to another site.
Home and Garden Gifts is also one of Shop Safe’s recommend online shops.
What does ShopSafe mean to you?
ShopSafe only lists online shops that have met their code of practice.
When examining a site for inclusion into the Shopsafe directory they look for:
• Online ordering and security of credit card payment transactions
• Product prices and delivery prices that are clearly displayed
• A wide range of products, suitable for "high street" consumers
• Sites that are based in the UK and deliver to the UK
• Full contact details including phone and fax numbers, postal and e-mail addresses and a contact for complaints
• Prominent display of customer service information, including delivery information, a refunds and returns policy and information on how to cancel contracts
• Terms and Conditions must be clearly displayed
• Good design, making the site quick to load, easy to use and must have multi-browser compatibility
• Compliance with the latest legislation regarding electronic communications and disability acts
Family friendly site: FOSI (Family Online Safety Institute)
We are pleased to be an Associate member of FOSI (Family Online Safety Institute), formally ICRA. We are even more pleased to have been awarded Gold accreditation since 2006 for our work to improve safety for children online.
What is FOSI?
The Family Online Safety Institute is an international, non-profit organization that facilitates the meeting of thought leaders in technology and policy in order to find innovative solutions for family online safety. The mission of the Family Online Safety Institute is to identify and promote best practice, tools and methods in the field of online safety. FOSI not only accept this challenge - they welcome it!